Friday 13 April 2012

Weigh in day

Todays Workout:
  • Swimming Lesson - 1 hour

So, first item on the agenda, my exercise confession.  I made the decision to skip my 3 mile run today as my quads were dead after yesterdays brick session.  I decided to save my legs for my swimming lesson, and boy was that a good decision.  We did 30 minutes of kick drills... I could barely stand up when I got out of the pool let alone cycle home.  


So today is weigh in day.  I am still following Weight Watchers in order to lose the final 9lbs I put on in the run up to Christmas.  Even when I reach my goal weight, I still rely on Weight Watchers to maintain my weight... as I have finally come to realisation that I will forever have to watch what I eat as I don’t seem to know the meaning of moderation and have absolutely no self control.  I find WW a useful tool to help me monitor and modify my intake.  I know there are a lot of diets out there (and goodness knows I seem to have tried most of them), but for me WW is the one that has taught me moderation and portion size without restricting any particular food group.  The good thing for me is that I can increase me daily intake in relation to the amount of exercise I do – so as my marathon training increases I can ensure that I effectively fuel my training. By the way Weight Watchers are not paying me for this... I swear ha! 
  
So the moment of truth... I have lost 0.5lbs taking me down to 9st 1.5lbs.    


Okay, so it’s not a lot but I have to confess that I have eaten really badly this week (including a pub meal, Chinese takeaway, pizza and ice cream and have pretty much drunk my body weight in beer.  Although it was fun at the time, I feel like crap, I feel like someone has inflated me!  It just goes to show that my ‘issues’ with food (so cliché, but no less true) are still ever present.  I have to admit that the more exercise I do and the fitter I feel, the less crappy food I want to eat and the more inclined I am towards a clean diet.

Let me tell you about my newest find... Yoo Moo frozen yoghurt.  DELICIOUS!  I found this is ASDA while wistfully perusing the ice cream section. 
 My new fav pudding treat!

They have a few different flavours but I opted for the blueberry with pumpkin seeds which was divine.  The other great thing is that they come in individual 150g pots which is great for me as I have been known to devour a whole tub on Ben and Jerrys without surfacing for breath (hangs head in shame).  A great treat and only 7 Weight Watchers pro points.        
      

1 comment:

  1. oooo that looks interesting. Blueberry and pumpkin seed? I gotta try that! Thanks for the tip :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...