Thursday 12 April 2012

Bricking it!


Todays Workout:
  • Swim  - 20 minutes
  • Cycle - 7 miles
  • Run - 2.6 miles
  • Resistance Training - Legs, triceps, biceps and abs


I finished my night shifts this morning absolutely exhausted – I was so busy I didn’t even get a chance to sit down or have a drink all night!... anyhoo, enough of feeling sorry for myself. 

Despite the fact that all I could think about was my bed, I dragged my lazy backside to the pool for a swim straight after my shift.  I only managed 20 minutes and swam 14 laps (it may have been 16 but I kinda lost count).  I am still really struggling with my breathing and feel so out of breath and the end of each lap.  I am hoping this will improve with practice (or that I will wake up one morning with a set of gills).  I decided enough was enough for today when I realised I had swum the last four lengths with my goggles perched on top of my head and had been wondering why my eyes were sore!  What a plonker!  

I headed home and crawled into bed for a couple of hours before resurfacing to head out for my first ever brick session.  I cycled a circular 7 mile route to my parents house before heading straight out for a run round the block.  Although I had been warned about the dreaded ‘jelly-legs’ I found the first few minutes hard to get into a rhythm and am fairly sure I was running like a constipated duck with a limp! 

To top off my day of training, I went to the gym to pummel my poor tired muscles even further.  I was supposed to train my back as well but the gym was so full of sweaty, preening guys that I couldn’t actually get near the machines.  I am not sure if I will be able to walk tomorrow and can only hope my swimming teacher takes it easy on me tomorrow (now that really is wishful thinking)!         

So overall I am feeling very smug and self righteous about today’s dedication to training!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...